I’ve got to say it, so here it is: I’ve had a lifelong affair with CHOCOLATE! I’ve tried it in its many different variations (hot drinks, pudding, frozen or nonfrozen yogurt, truffles, M&Ms, Sachertorte, etc.) and even sampled some of the artisan versions such as chocolate infused with ginger, lavender, chili spice, citrus flavorings or rosemary.
Yep, I’m addicted. I generally compromise by eating chocolate pretzel M&Ms or low-cal hot chocolate when I need my fix. Either that, or end up working out like a maniac all the time to burn it off.
I can claim it’s a family thing. Chocolate around my relatives has a life expectancy of approximately two seconds.
So when I spotted a new and beautiful chocolate shop in a nearby town, I had to go check it out. The owner said “Hi, c’mon in and look around” and the shop was great fun to explore. In addition to selling chocolate in its various forms (I’ll try the key lime someday…when I work up the culinary gumption), the shop had some signs and other products featuring humorous quotes relating to chocolate.
That shop inspired today’s post. For your entertainment, I’ve compiled 11 of the funniest and unique sayings I found in that shop and around other locations on the Internet. (I’m skipping the Forrest Gump life/chocolates proverb — I figured most people have heard that one.)
1) Save the Earth — it’s the only planet that has chocolate.
2) Money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy chocolate, which is kinda the same thing.
3) Nobody knows the truffles I’ve seen.
4) EMERGENCY ALERT: If wearer of this T-shirt is found vacant, listless or depressed, administer chocolate immediately.
5) Exercise is a dirty word — every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate.
6) I could give up chocolate…but I’m not a quitter.
7) Chocolate is Nature’s way of making up for Mondays.
8) Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first, but keeps you warm for a long time.
9) Sisters and chocolates make life bearable. (also applies to books and chocolates, too)
10) Shoes and chocolate have a lot in common…the more you have, the happier you are.
11) A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.
SIDE NOTE TO FANS OF SERENDIPITY/TEEPEE 12: Marilyn let me know last night that she is having some issues posting and editing on her blog at the moment. Please be patient while she gets these issues resolved and I anticipate her quick return to the blogging universe. She’s also starting up a new blog on Blogger.